Los Angeles, CA — FocalPoint closed nine significant food and restaurant transactions in 2019, totaling over $700 million in value. Our clients represented the entire farm-to-fork food spectrum.
The transactions included various structures and involved strategic, financial, domestic, and international counterparties. All in all, it was an exceptionally busy year!
- Tropicale Foods, dba Helados Mexico — The leading producer of Hispanic frozen novelty products received a new investment from private equity firm Wind Point Partners.
- Easy Ice, LLC — Easy Ice, the leading provider of commercial ice machine rentals and related services across 47 states, has been recapitalized by Freeman Spogli & Co.
- Connor Concepts — A successful “polished casual” restaurant chain completed a recapitalization with CapitalSpring, a leading restaurant sector investor and lender.
- Anthony’s Goods — A digitally-native supplier of branded food ingredients was acquired by Associated British Foods plc.
- JFE Franchising, dba SnowFox — A leading franchisor of sushi kiosks merged with YO! Sushi, headquartered in England and owned by London-based private equity firm Mayfair Equity Partners.
- Elevation Burger — A better-for-you burger franchisor sold to FAT Brands, Inc.
- Vincent B. Zaninovich & Sons — A leading table grape grower divested certain farmland and related assets to parties including The Wonderful Company.— A leading table grape grower divested certain farmland and related assets to parties including The Wonderful Company.
2020 Update: We are pleased to welcome Mike Schall, a 30+ year food industry veteran, including the last 10 years at Whole Foods. Our food group, including Mike, will be co-hosting a CEO breakfast with several prominent speakers at ExpoWest in March. Additionally, we have a number of new assignments this year to discuss with buyers and investors.
For more information and/or questions about the above transactions, please contact:
Robert Woolway, Managing Director, at (310) 405-7080 or email@example.com
Duane Stullich, Managing Partner, at (310) 405-7070 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Rod Guinn, Managing Director, at (312) 508-5780 or email@example.com
About FocalPoint Partners
FocalPoint is an independent investment bank specializing in mergers and acquisitions, private placements, financial restructurings, and special situation transactions. With offices in Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, and Shanghai, the firm serves middle-market clients globally and has a dedicated Food and Restaurant practice. Please visit www.focalpointllc.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.