- B.A., University of New Mexico
- MBA, The Amos Tuck School, Dartmouth College
- Advisory Board, FohBoh
- Advisory Board, Orderscape
- Advisory Board, UCLA Restaurant Conference
- Past Member, Advisory Council, UNM Honors College
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza
- Advisory Board, Starbar.ai
"If it were easy, everyone would be doing it.”
Rod Guinn has spent the past 30 years serving the restaurant industry with financing and raising capital. He has advised operators and investors in growth, change of control and distressed situations.
Mr. Guinn founded and led the BankBoston (later FleetBoston) restaurant finance group, building it into the leading source of capital for the restaurant industry. He was a key player in the related food and beverage market. Later, as founder and managing director of Stepping Stone, he provided advisory services to restaurant and related businesses. Immediately prior to joining FocalPoint in 2008, Mr. Guinn built Wells Fargo Foothill’s restaurant practice into a leading source of capital for sponsor-backed transactions. Mr. Guinn serves on the board of both restaurant and related service industry firms, and is a frequent resource and industry expert at conferences nationwide. He holds a Master of Business Administration from the Amos Tuck School of Business Administration, Dartmouth College and a Bachelor of Arts from the University of New Mexico.